St. Mary’s Hospital is the largest member of our CIUSSS.
On April 1, 2015, the Ministry of Health set upon an ambitious course of action to reorganize all health and social services across the province by regrouping various institutions.
St. Mary’s Hospital Centre is now one of seven members of the health care region called the Montréal West Island Integrated University Health and Social Services Centre (CIUSSS ODIM).
The other members are:
- West Island HSSS (Lakeshore)
- CSSS de Dorval-Lachine-Lasalle
- West Montréal Readaptation Centre
- Douglas Mental Health University Institute
- Batshaw Youth and Family Centres
- Grace Dart Extended Care Centre
With our CHAU status and as the largest institution in our CIUSSS, St. Mary’s will be playing a lead role within our new structure, as underlined by our CIUSSS ODIM President and CEO, Mr. Benoit Morin.
With a unified approach, the strengths and best practices of each institution will be shared, exchanged and leveraged with the patient at the core of all that we do. As a pillar – even THE pillar of this reconfiguration – St. Mary’s has set the bar to be reached across all sites…our prompt, professional and compassionate care is second to none.
As our CIUSSS continues to evolve, we will keep you updated with the latest reports as they become available:
- December 15, 2017 – Modernisation des unités de soins – Press release from the Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux click here (French only)
- December 15, 2017 – CTV – St. Mary’s Hospital to get $65M renovation click here
- May 3, 2017 – Montréal Gazette – The Report on the destiny of the MUHC is now in the hands of Quebec Health Care Minister Gaétan Barrette.
- April 19, 2017 – Letter from Richard Legault, President CIUSSS ODIM Board of Directors click here
- April 19, 2017 – Report of Roger Paquette on internal consultation of possible integration of services:
- Executive Summary
- Full Report (French only)